Privacy & Security
Effective date: April, 2020
Please read this Policy carefully. By using our Site or Services, you agree to our collection, use, and sharing of your PII as described in this Policy.
Information that We Collect
Through your use of our Site and Services, we may collect PII, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a specific consumer. PII may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, physical address, Social Security number, phone number, date of birth, and checking account information. We collect the following types of information:
Information Provided by You
During any application with us or through general inquiries made about our products, we will collect certain PII from you, including, but not limited to, contact information (such as name and email), which we will use to contact you. We may request additional PII that is necessary to process any application submitted by you, such as your physical address, Social Security number, mobile phone number, date of birth, bank account information and numbers, employment and income information. Additionally, we may collect additional PII to verify your identity, for security-related purposes or other administrative purposes, such as bank account information, pay stubs, or other forms of identification. In order to provide Services to you, we may on occasion supplement the PII you submit to us with information from third-party sources, such as information from consumer reports. If you contact us via e-mail or phone, tell us your story by sharing a video related to your LendUp experience, or otherwise provide us with information about yourself, we will maintain records of your correspondence and interactions. This may include any questions, comments, or suggestions you make during these interactions. You may also provide us with the email addresses of your contacts and include a personal message to your contacts if you choose to participate in our referral program.
Account and Transaction Information
We collect information about your use of our Services. For example, in processing a payment with you, such information would include your name, amount of payment, and your bank account information, including account numbers, routing numbers, debit card numbers and similar information. Other information that we collect during your use of our Services includes your transaction history, payment history, and account balance. For the security of your information, we also collect tokens from online services and payment systems to help us process your account transactions.
Device and Usage Information
We may automatically collect the following types of information as you use our Site and Services.
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of our web pages you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from: IP address.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using such as: hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site or Services via a browser on your mobile device, we may also collect the unique device identifier assigned to that device, operating system, and other device attributes for security purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site. The session ID cookie expires 24 hours after you sign into our Site.
- Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies that remain on your computer or mobile device for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
If you reject cookies through your browser’s settings, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site will be substantially limited. For example, you cannot create an account with us or take out a loan or other product without accepting cookies.
We use a software technology called tracking pixels (a.k.a. web beacons or clear gifs) that help us better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is most effective. Tracking pixels are tiny graphics files with unique identification codes which are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, tracking pixels are included on individual Web pages as part of a website’s content.
We also use technologies such as device fingerprinting to identify your device and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity, improve Site security, and assess the performance of the Site.
Statistical or aggregated information that we use does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from your PII.
Third Party Data Collection
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Some of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used for targeted advertising.
What Does LendUp Do with Your Personal Information?
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. Please refer to the information below in which we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons LendUp chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does LendUp share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes— such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes — to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||We don't share|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes— information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes— information about your creditworthiness||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
To Limit our Sharing
Federal law gives you the right to limit some but not all marketing from our affiliates. You may limit our affiliates from marketing their products or services to you based on your personal information that we collect and share with them. This information includes transaction and experience information, but also the type of information found in consumer reports, such as information from third party sources and credit scores.
Your choice to limit marketing offers from our affiliates will apply until you tell us to change your choice. To limit marketing offers from our affiliates:
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you do not want us sharing your personal information with our affiliates; OR
- Call toll-free 1-855-253-6387 Monday through Friday between 8 A.M. and 5 P.M. Pacific to opt-out of sharing your personal information with our affiliates.
We reserve the right to share information, including PII, with third parties, as described below: Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that help us perform functions and process your transactions.
- Joint Ventures: We may share information with joint ventures.
- Other Companies: We may share information with other companies for purposes of marketing our products to you or for analyzing our business and transactions.
- Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- As Required by Law: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law.
- With your Consent: We may request your permission to share your PII for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the PII or before the PII you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
- Without Identifying You: We may share information in a manner that does not identify you. For example, we may share anonymous, aggregate information about your use of our Site and products with our service providers.
- Texas Residents: We will share your information with the lender with whom you apply or obtain a loan via our Site using our Services.
How We Use and Share Information
We use PII we collect in the following ways:
- Process Transactions: We use PII to provide our Services, including, for example, to process loan applications, make loans, and process payments.
- Communicate: We use PII to communicate with you about our Site and Services. This may include payment reminders, information that you have requested, or notification of important changes to our Site and Services.
- Marketing: We may occasionally send you information about products and services that we believe will be of interest to you. During any such communication, we will provide you with the option not to receive any future marketing communications.
- Specific Purposes: You may be asked to provide information for a specific purpose. For example, if you participate in our referral program, you will be asked for information about your contacts. We will only use the information that you provide for the purpose for which you provided it to us.
- Customer Support: We may use your PII to provide you support or other services you have requested. For example, we may need your information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about your account.
- Post Testimonials: If you choose to tell us your story or otherwise give a testimonial about your LendUp experience, we will review such information and may post such testimonials on our Site along with your name and any other PII that you choose to disclose on your testimonial. By submitting a testimonial, you consent to posting any information and content, including video content, you provide in such testimonial on our Site. If you submit a testimonial, you may revoke such consent at any time by calling 1-855-253-6387.
- Site Maintenance: We analyze how our users interact with our Site and Services in order to maintain and improve our Site and Services. We also use certain information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Site or Services to improve the user experience.
If your PII changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may correct, update, or request that we delete your PII by contacting us at: 1-855-253-6387 or email@example.com. If you have an account with us and your account is in good standing, you may also correct or update your PII by logging into your account on our Site and updating your information there.
The security of your PII is important to LendUp. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect against unauthorized access to our systems including, but not limited to, firewalls and data encryptions. Additionally, we enforce physical access controls to our facilities and your personal information is only available to authorized employees as job responsibility required. If you have any questions about LendUp’s security of PII, please contact 1-855-253-6387.
The Site may contain links to or links from third party sites that are not owned or controlled by LendUp. We have no control over the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party site. You are subject to the policies of those third party sites where applicable. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites before you disclose your PII.
Browser Do Not Track
The Site is not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track signals.
Our Site and Services are not intended for use by children. If we learn that PII has been collected from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly take reasonable steps to delete the information from our systems. If you believe that LendUp has mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13, please contact 1-855-253-6387.
This is a United States-based Site that is subject to United States law. This Site is controlled, operated, and administered by LendUp from its offices within the United States of America. This Policy is provided in accordance with and subject to applicable U.S. law. If you are accessing this Site from a location outside the United States, you hereby agree that your use of this Site and our collection and use of your PII is subject to this Policy.
Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we decide to make material changes to this Policy, we will post those changes to this Site in a manner that we deem is appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. You agree to these future updates by continuing to use our Site or Services after they have been posted. You can always obtain a copy of the most updated Policy by accessing our website at: www.lendup.com/privacy.
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
LendUp Loans LLC and LendUp Global, Inc.
What we do
How does LendUp protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does LendUp collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account – unless you tell us otherwise.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
Our affiliates include financial companies such as:
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
LendUp does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
LendUp doesn’t jointly market.
Other important information
CA Residents: We will not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by California law. For example, we may share certain information with affiliates or third parties that perform services on our behalf. We will limit sharing with our affiliates to the extent required by California law.
NV Residents: We are providing you this notice under state law. If you prefer not to receive marketing calls from LendUp, you can be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by calling us at 1-855-253-6387. If you would like more information about our telemarketing practices, you may contact us at LendUp, 1750 Broadway, Suite 300, Oakland CA 94612 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more on this Nevada law, contact Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; call 702-486-3132; or email BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.